Usability & Definitions
- The General Terms and Conditions hereinafter shall apply to all and any services between SFET AG “(“The Owner”) and a consumer or business in the valid version at the time of the ordering.
- A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal act for a purpose that is primarily outside his commercial or self-employed professional activity (§ 13 BGB).
- A business is a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of its commercial or self-employed professional activity (§ 14 BGB).
Completion of contract, presentation of the contract text
- The following rules for concluding contracts apply to orders and services via our website https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net.
- In the event of a contract being entered into, the contract shall be concluded with:
- The description of the services on the website https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net does not represent a legally binding offer of contract on our part, but merely represents a non-binding invitation to the consumer to order goods (invitatio ad offerendum). By ordering the selected service package, the customer makes a binding offer to enter into a service contract.
- Booking and invoicing of billable service packages is only possible via the https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net website. For the service contract and the packages booked via the website https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net only these general terms and conditions apply and for consumers the right of revocation granted by us.
- Prior to the binding placement of the order and after checking the data, the user can access the previous website via the “back” button of his web browser, on which the customer data are recorded and correct any errors or cancel the order by closing the web browser. We confirm the receipt of the order immediately by an automatically generated invoice e-mail (“order confirmation”), with which we accept your offer.
- Details of the contract text: You can check the General Terms and Conditions at any time at https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net/terms
- The Owner offers travellers guidance and assistance during the process of applying for an Uzbek eVisa via https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net. From the moment of your booking we only act as an intermediary between you and the responsible authorities.
- These services include:
Manual verification of each application
Correction of errors and mistakes
Communication with the customer on open questions and essential questions
Communication with the Uzbek authorities
Support in all questions concerning the application process
Providing a “money-back” guarantee in case of a rejected application
Two free new applications for one and the same person in case of accidental transmission of false data
- These services include:
- The Owner shall carry out the formalities of travel with the competent authorities at the request of the customer.
- Although we perform our services with all due care, we cannot verify and guarantee that all information provided to us by a third party is accurate, correct and complete. Furthermore, we shall not be liable for errors (including obvious or printing errors), interruptions (caused by a temporary and/or partial failure, repair, upgrade or maintenance work on our website or for other reasons), inaccurate, misleading or incorrect information or transmission errors, unless these are due to our fault or the fault of our agents.
- Although we have extensive experience in dealing with travel formalities and communication with authorities, we cannot guarantee that the authorities responsible will provide the requested documents. No success is owed!
- Every traveller is always liable for the correctness, completeness and correctness of the information provided to us.
- Once the customer has decided for our service package, he clicks on “start new application” (text can vary) and enters all data of the traveler. The customer activates check box “Yes, I have read and accept The Owner’s General Terms and Conditions” (text can vary). Afterwards, the customer makes his payment data available, which is not stored on our servers but transmitted to the payment provider.
- The Owner only acts as a service provider.
- The Owner’s services are complete when The Owner has provided the authority with all the information required for the provision of the relevant travel documents. After transmission to the authority, the transmitted data cannot be changed. If false data was mistakenly transmitted, a new application needs to be issued and submitted. Customers have the possibility to use 2 (two) free additional submissions per order.
- The Owner has no influence on the processing time of the application. Queries about the status of the application usually have no beneficial effect.
- If the authority – through no fault of The Owner or its agents – does not make the requested document available or only makes it available with delay, the customer shall have no claim for a refund or compensation against The Owner.
- As long as the consumer has not yet received an invoice, the order can be cancelled free of charge. As soon as the invoice has been sent, the order has been accepted and processing of the visa application has started, refunds ands cancellation are regulated by the cancellation policy.
- It is also expressly stated that, in the event of cancellation after applications and requests have been transmitted to the authorities, it can no longer be guaranteed that visas and entry permits will not be granted (as this decision will then be taken by the responsible authorities).
Costs and fees
- Our services are subject to a fee. The fee is shown to the customer before the order is completed. It can also be found on this page.
- The customer is liable for late payment, incorrect bank data, incorrect debit or credit card information, invalid debit or credit cards or insufficient funds in the account. In particular, the customer is liable for all costs arising from chargebacks.
Communication and correspondence
- Upon completion of your order, you accept receipt of
- a confirmation e-mail and
- an e-mail which we may send to you immediately upon receipt of the relevant travel documents by the authorities.
- In order to be able to provide your service completely and safely, you must enter your correct e-mail address. We are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or misspelled e-mail addresses or incorrect (mobile) telephone numbers or credit card numbers and are under no obligation to confirm such information.
- The Owner shall in principle not be liable for damage caused by simple carelessness.
- If The Owner has negligently breached an essential contractual obligation, The Owner’s liability shall be limited to the damage typically incurred in connection with the respective business transactions. An essential contractual obligation is any obligation the performance of which primarily enables the proper performance of the contract and on which the other contracting party generally relies and may rely or on which The Owner must expressly perform for the other contracting party in line with the content of the contract.
- In no case liability for intent, gross negligence or injury to life, body or health is excluded.
- The above limitations of liability shall also apply to persons for whose fault The Owner is liable under the law.
- Applications submitted within the last 72 hours prior to departure (in the case of air travel) run the risk of not being approved in time. In such cases where a visa or travel authorization cannot be issued in time, no liability can be taken over for additional costs.
Copyright and intellectual property rights
- Our services are provided for private, non-commercial use only. It is not permitted to sell, link, use, copy, extract (e.g. with Spider, Scrape), republish, upload or reproduce content, information, software, products or services available on our website for commercial or competitive purposes.
Language of contract
The contract language is English.
Changes to the General Terms and Conditions
- The Owner reserves the right to change these General Terms and Conditions in justified cases. The Owner shall publish the modified General Terms and Conditions on our website https://www.uzbekistan-visa.net at least 8 days before they take effect.
- The General Terms and Conditions will only be changed at short notice if errors are corrected, the change is to the consumer’s advantage or the change is required by law.
Settlement of disputes, place of jurisdiction
- German law applies to all disputes in connection with these General Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute, the parties shall seek an amicable agreement. If this fails, the place of jurisdiction provided for by law shall apply to all legal procedures.
- For all questions which are not covered by these General Terms and Conditions, the relevant German law, in particular the German Civil Code (BGB), shall apply.
- This choice of law applies to consumers only insofar as the legal level of protection of the place of jurisdiction in which the consumer has his habitual residence is not violated.
- Furthermore, this choice of law does not apply to the right of cancellation for consumers who do not belong to an EU member state at the time of conclusion of the contract and whose sole place of residence and delivery is outside the EU at the time of conclusion of the contract.
Other accrued liabilities
- Declarations and other agreements must be in text form to be effective.
- Complaints must be made in text form (prefered via email) to
- With your order, you as a customer confirm that you have read the General Terms and Conditions, have fully understood the contents and fully comply with them and accept the data protection regulations as well as the consent to the processing of your personal data, which you provided at the time of booking.
Applicability of these General Terms and Conditions
These General Terms and Conditions come into effect on 20. of September 2018. It shall apply until further notice or any amendment to it.